Our Lord Jesus Christ, the King

Our Lord Jesus Christ, the King
Thou art the King of Glory, O Lord Jesus Christ; when Thou didst take upon Thee to deliver man, Thou didst not abhor the Virgin's Womb

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I feel like religious men aren't as charitable as they should be sometimes =(

Okay,

This post is more on the rant side of some observations I've made from assisting at Holy Mass to reading forums and blogs and being around Christian men and what not.

I AM NOT BASHING ALL MEN, but a good number of them!

It seems like they only want to be nice, kind, and courteous to women and other manly men, but feel very justified in being rude and flaky or distant to feminine men.  I'm not saying that feminine men are in the right and that it's not at least somewhat a problem, but we're not the cause of all evils either.  Even the most conservative and old school of women can show kindness to me and speak with me and be polite.  I feel that I try to be polite to others and not judge too much (but I'm human, it happens and I do get judgmental, Kyrie eleison...), but using terms like homos, fifs, pedes, fags, sodomites (this I don't have as much of a problem with), homosexualists (sometimes I have a problem with this one depending on the context) and use them in pretty defamatory ways (although I'll admit that Christians usually don't get vicious with these words like non-Christians can), but they don't often use terms like slut, hoe, whore, tramp, etc?  And these people feel totally justified presenting themselves for Holy Communion?  What?!

Yet, a lot of these men are quick to quote how Our Lord dined with prostitutes and tax collectors when it serves them (and I'm not saying that Christian gays don't often have agendas as well), but two wrongs don't make a right and it's not always up to the other person to do the right thing.

How do these men feel that they are going to turn these "homos" to Christ?  By insulting them and mistreating them?  Had it not been for my strong conviction that the Roman Catholic Church is the one true Church, I could see myself just getting chased out the door!  I kinda see why a lot of gays and other atypical people hate the Church because the men in the Church are so nasty to them.

I must add, however, that there are many, many men in the Church who are strong, orthodox Roman Catholic men of God who are strong in their faith and very conservative and old-school and don't agree with modernism at all, but who have shown Christ to me and have been sources of encouragement and spiritual edification (and oftentimes tough love...ouch...) but who show concern for all souls, some of which are excellent fathers, husbands, and priests!

No comments:

Post a Comment