Our Lord Jesus Christ, the King

Our Lord Jesus Christ, the King
Thou art the King of Glory, O Lord Jesus Christ; when Thou didst take upon Thee to deliver man, Thou didst not abhor the Virgin's Womb

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Discipline

So I was reading the Responsorial Psalm from the Mass of today and this verse struck me:

“Why do you recite my statutes, and profess my covenant with your mouth, Though you hate discipline and cast my words behind you?” Psalm L

It seems that the Lord isn't happy that we talk like we're pious believers but then don't act like it in our hearts especially when He was very serious when He gave His Law to us. It is kinda easy to "say the right things," but we have to ask Him to help us discipline ourselves to live His Law.

It's so important for us to ask for and make use of His Grace so that we can have hearts and words be in union with each other. It's so hard though because feelings get in the way and the "end" (aka holiness) seems so far away so it's like what's the point but I hope that God helps me to understand more so I can be at better peace with things.

Just thought I'd share that <3

No comments:

Post a Comment